Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bankruptcy Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd question regarding the BK. A few creditors keep re-reporting the "included ib BK" over and over. More than from 2005/2006. I have been told this is illegal. If i contact the burueaus with a copy of the BK papers, can i request those be removed from my credit report?
Message Edited by fused on 10-14-2008 10:34 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

ask the lawyer who did the BK.  he should know and advise you.
Message 2 of 4
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Going through the CRBs may be a waste of time. You may need to file complaints against these creditors. First, call the FTC and file a complaint over the phone. Second, contact the banking commission in your state and file a complaint with them. Lastly, file complaints with the BBB. The more complaints you file, the better the chances you have of getting this to report correctly.

I ended up filing complaints against two companies with the FTC and the banking commission in my state. The complaints with the FTC didn't seem to do much, but when the banking commission contacted them on my behalf, not only did they stop reporting incorrectly, they deleted the accounts all together, which is not what I even wanted them to do. I simply wanted them to stop double-reporting under different names and only report under the name of the original CC. I also wanted them to stop re-aging the accounts. Oh well, my FICO scores increased when these accounts were removed. I'm happy!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do NOT give the CRBs a copy of your BK papers.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.