Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Short Sale Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why wont trustee allow short sale?  i have been in a chapter 7 since 8/2014. they wont close the case because of some property and they wait for my refund every year so they can collect it. i have to send it to them my self they dont collect it rather have  threatened to reverse the automatic stay! if i dont send it in to the the trustee. plus the trustee was not hired to be the cpa in my case as they so eloquently put it in a letter this past april. according to my attorney i was to short sale the property (a rental) on my own so i hired a realtor to handle the situation and the trustee wont allow the short sale, has been collecting rents on the property that is still under my name, and still wont close my case even after he promised that the case would be closed once i paid him in full my 2014 income tax refund. now here we are and im waiting for my 2015 refund (my cpa filed an extension for me) and the trustee wont let me sell the property stating that it would do me no good, that opposed to a foreclosure in im the dog house any way! i had 4 buyers ready to buy but i have to take back the property in its entirety to be able to short sale it according to the trustee. has anyone heard of this type of thing? also my attorney emails me to STOP trying to sell the property! what kind of counsel is that?  1st she says it was my responsibility to sell it then she yells at me for trying to follow her direction. it seems to me she dropped the ball some where in my case.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I moved your post to an area where others could see it and respond appropriately. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.