Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-affirmed Auto Loan showing Negative

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-affirmed Auto Loan showing Negative

Hey guys, So we re-affirmed our truck loan, and today the bank finaly reported it back on our CC, however, even though we made the payment on time each month during our BK, they are reporting negative (not 30, 60, or 90) for all 3 months we were in BK... Is that allowed/ok?? Should I call them and have them adjust that? dispute it? what are my options? seems weird that even though I made my payments they would still mark me as negative

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
holmesnmanny
Contributor

Re: Re-affirmed Auto Loan showing Negative

They can only report you late if you were actually late. You need to be more clear what it is that they are reporting. It should wind up actually showing reaffirmed. 

If it's saying you were late, then you need to contact them and let them know they need to get rid of the lates. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 2 of 7
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Hope it was'nt  santander.  They do not deserve capitalization of name!!  

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was vantage west credit union. And it just shows n for negative no lates. Its on my experian direct.report that I cancelled when I signed up here but had already paid for the month Haha. Its not showing on any of my reports through here yet.
Message 4 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If the account is showing up as Included In Bankruptcy - Reaffirmed, then, yes, by definition, that would be a "negative" tradeline because of the fact it was IIB.

Let me ask you - where are you seeing it being reported as "negative"??  What website?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was through the Experian site directly.

I have since updated my reports here on Myfico, and they too are showing as negative, however it shows 4 months as charged off, then reaffirmed,  If i were making the payments, on time and so on, how can they say the debt was charged off?

Message 6 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
It was vantage west credit union. And it just shows n for negative no lates. Its on my experian direct.report that I cancelled when I signed up here but had already paid for the month Haha. Its not showing on any of my reports through here yet.

I have the very same thing for a reaffirmed auto loan. It is labeled derogatory if you look at the individual tradeline but every payment was made on time before the bk, during the bk and after the bk until it was paid in full. I received the title with no issue.  The odd thing is - the auto loan that I did not reaffirm is already off my CR.  

I called the CU that is reporting the tradeline for the reaffirmed auto (GTEFCU) and they said they don't "see it" and can't fix it. As a result, I dropped the matter. 

It has been paid off now since 2009 so it should drop off soon and I expect that 'derogatory label' to drop off with it. Honestly, it doesn't seem to affect my credit scores (FICO) at all. Utilization on credit cards has had more of an effect than this label on a tradeline that never had a late.

Do you see that it is affecting your score?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.