Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirmed debt on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaffirmed debt on credit report

Hi I'm new to the forum, but I can see there's tons of valuable information here.  I have a question.   I have a ch7 that was discharged in August 2016.

i signed a reaffirmation agreement on a secured debt.

my problem is the creditor I signed the reaffirmation agreement with is negatively reporting the account on my credit report.   I have disputed it with equifax twice and each time they have said the creditor provided information saying the debt was being reported correctly.

the same creditor has two accounts listed on my credit report.   Both for the same secured debt.   One account is listed as included in bankruptcy with a zero balance.  

The second one looks like a new account opened August 2016, which has the reaffirmed debt balance, but they are reporting it as charged off and past due, but the account is not past due.   And per the terms of the reaffirmed agreement which I have in writing I'm supposed to pay $50 every month for 18 months.   I've been paying every month since after the discharge.

Shouldnt this be listed as if it's a new, open account? Not charged off or 30 days late?

im just trying to understand how a reaffirmed debt should show on a credit report, because to me it looks as if it's a brand new charged off account.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.