Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Update

tag
pooragain
Valued Member

Rebuild Update

Just an update, my bk 7 was discharged in June 13. In 18 months I have made great strides. Right after discharge, I got a first Premier card($700 cl) and Credit One card($600 cl) which I cancelled both of after a year just before the annual fees hit as neither would negotiate removing the fees..

In April 14, i  got a show MasterCard with a cl of $1500 and annual fee of $50. I also got a Legacy visa with a $1500 limit(recently increased to $1750) and a $75 annual fee. Not great, but much better than the Credit One and First Premier cards. I will be closing these at annual fee time if they wont waive them.

In May 14, I got a Capital One QS with a $2000 cl(recently increased to $3000 even though my credit steps letter said in would go to $2500) with a $39 annual fee which is more than covered by the 1.5% cashback, A Capital One platinum with a $1000 cl(recently increased to $2000 even though credit steps letter said $1500) with a $19 annual fee and a Merrick bank card with a $900 cl with no annual fee which is supposed to double to $1800 after 7 months. I did burn capital One in the BK along with most other major banks.

Earlier in the week, I had filled out the discover card Pre-Approval thing on their website for what seems like the hundredth time. I did not burn discover in the BK. I got the "recommended" answer as usual. I finally decided to just go ahead and apply and got the 7-10 day message. I assumed I was denied and kind of forgot about it. Tonight, they called me, and after saying they needed to ask m a few questions to expedite the handling of my application, without asking any questions, she told me I was approved but with different terms than the original application. 22.99% interest rate, 10.99% balance transfers, no annual fee, no sign up bonus and a $1000 cl. I was shocked.

I do not pay for my credit score, but credit Karma shows 677 and capital one shows 665. I have been maintaining a 0-1% utilization and have too many inquiries and am much further along than I imagined i could be this quickly. Hopefully, my story gives hope to everyone that is just starting to rebuild their credit.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.