Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Question

Hi! I have a question that I need answered please. I just got Chapter 7 discharge letter 12/29/14. Right now i'm waiting on my CR from CRA so I can start rebuilding. I filed Chapter 13 two seperate times that got dismissed before my Chapter 7. Will that affect me getting credit lines when I try to apply. I'm a newbie and I guess you can say I did'nt know any better at the time. I seen TU CR and it reported on public records 3 BK. I think I really screwed up when I did that. Can anybody help me out? I need to know before I start applying.

By the way all but 1 creditor reported IIB.
TU score 557 as of 1/11/15

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sexydoll

Re: Rebuilding Question

FIrst you should make sure that all your accounts on your credit report are reporting correctly.  Try not to accumulate too many inquiries applying for accounts that will most likey not get approved due to your recent BK. I recommend you read the following:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Worst case, State Department Federal Credit Union offers a 6.99% no credit check secured visa if you are eligible to apply for membership.  You can become eligible if you are a member of American Consumer Council.

Seedling (05/31/14):

Starting Score: CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- EQ474 EX538 TU503 06/03/13
Current Score: EQ580 EX626 TU619 05/30/14
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CH7 BK 02/25/13
Cards: Credit One ($500) Cap One ($500 & $500) Kohls ($300) Merrick($200) SDFCU ($1K Secured)

Seedling:

Gardening since May 31, 2014
Starting TU(503) EX(538) EQ(474) - 06/05/13
Message 2 of 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Question

Excellent suggestion on the read.  It will give you a lot of insight and answers to the questions you may have.  

Good luck on your rebuild.

Currently in the Garden.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.