Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding after bankruptcy 6 years ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding after bankruptcy 6 years ago

My bankruptcy discharge was 03/2012. 

I have a current and good standing America's First Credit Union Platinum Plus Visa card opened on 08/2010 with a $2000 credit limit.  My credit report shows a high balance of $2017 in the past and a current balance of $1956.  I paid this off two days ago so it has a $0 balance but it hasn't hit my credit report yet.

I have a current and good standing Capital One Secured Platinum Mastercard opened on 05/2014 with a $200 credit limit.  My credit report shows a high balance of $232 in the past and a current balance of $20.  I paid this off two days ago.  I used this card to buy my auto pay 3B Report from myFico so it hits $29.95 each month.

I have a current and good standing Credit First Firestone Complete Auto Care Store Card opened on 06/2016 with a $1600 credit limit.  My credit report shows a high balance of $834 in the past and a current balance of $0.

MyFico Score 8 EQ is 672, TU is 660, EX is 668.  I want these numbers to all be 750.  I read the post by soulmaster about reaching a 700 in 24 months or less yesterday.  I cannot use this guide since I have a secured credit card.  What other methods can I use to reach my goal?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Rebuilding after bankruptcy 6 years ago

Once your pay off of the previously maxed out CU card reports you should get a good bump in scores (but not likely all the way to 750)

Do you have any open loans on your reports?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an America's First Overdraft Loan with a $500 credit limit that has a balance of $409 showing on my report.  I paid it off two days ago as well.  So it will have a $0 balance the next time it hits my report.

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I don't know of anyone on the forums who has at FICO score 750+ with their BK still showing on reports....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i close the capital one secured card?  I have tried to upgrade it to an unsecured but have never received the offer.  i am tired of waiting and the annual fee ($29) comes due in May. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.