cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding progress update - cant believe it! Less than 2 months out of ch7

tag
Mike8181

Rebuilding progress update - cant believe it! Less than 2 months out of ch7

I want to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this board - theinfo here has helped me alot!

I'm now less than 2 months out of ch7 and my credit score just jumped 50 points!

starting score approx 599/600/599 

-applied on day of discharged for cap one - approved for $2000 after income verification

-opened $1000 credit builder loan w CU

-once the card appeared on the reports my score is showing 658/647/652

-applied today for cap one quick silver and was instantly approved for $3000!!!!! 

Should I try to call them and try for higher limit? Or just be happy and head to the garden for now? Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding progress update - cant believe it! Less than 2 months out of ch7

Congratulations....You have  a pretty nice credit limit already. i would run the account for a about 6 months or so then try for a CLI then.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My advice would be this....

Be glad and grateful for what you have been approved for, and with awesome starting limits post BK! You have a loan and 2 unsecured CC, is more than enough to rebuild with right now.

Garden for the next 6-9 months, letting at least 6 months of payment history reports post BK to the CRA before you apply again for anything. Read the forums religiously before you apply . There's a lot of good advice from people who have been there done that. Don't go crazy aping for everything, you'll look desperate for credit, and you'll start getting declined, trust me. Doesn't matter how good your scores are right now, you still have a bK on your reports that all future creditors can see, and they will be Leary just for that reason. You are starting off great, do rack up a bunch of inquiries, just garden what you have building that post Bk history. You see it was worth it!
Message 3 of 5
mlsrar

Cap 1 is quick to report, and they'll give you CLIs after the 6 month mark for responsible use.  PIF as often as you possibly can and you will begin to see noticeable jumps in your score.

2 years to the date after a CH7 discharge, I had a mortgage closing.

Work hard and be rewarded!

Cap 1 QS MC 3000 / Capital 1 QS World MC 6000 / Cap 1 QS1 Visa 500 Chase Freedom 3000 / Barclay Rewards 4850
Lowes Store 4000 / Menards 1000 / Meijer 950 / Target Store 200 / Amazon Store 1950 / Dell DPS 2500 / BBY MC 500 / Old Navy 900
Message 4 of 5
Mike8181

Congrats on the mortage! What are the details of you dont mind me asking?

Being approved for a mortage is my ultimate goal down the line.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.