Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Denial Letter

tag
Randi1009
Established Member

Received Denial Letter

This might be the wrong forum but today I received a denial letter for a card I did not apply for and I have no idea what to do or where to start. For the first time receiving a denial letter due to bankruptcy is a good thing because I did not apply for this card so at least it wasn't approved but I'm worried going forward that someone has my information and might try this again. Weird thing is the letter was sent to my moms address (I haven't lived there in years) and it has my maiden name. I went through all of my reports and don't see anything else incorrect except for this new inquiry. Is it possible to remove an inquiry due to fraud? Do I call the creditor that sent the denial letter or deal with the credit bureau? This really has me worried because I've been discharged for a year now and I've been making progress rebuilding. anyone have any experience or advice?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Denial Letter

You can freeze your reports if you are worried about fraud (and frankly with the info you just gave, I would be).  And with a denial letter you are able to get a credit report free of charge.  I'd start by doing the freezing, then order the report and make sure there isn't anything else that looks wonky.  I'd also call the creditor and see if you can get any information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.