heavenli
Contributor

Re: Received discharge yesterday!!!!

Congrats! Better days ahead

Message 11 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

An update: I received my CMRRR from all three CRA. And today my CK score jumped +64 points (even though it's FAKO). And MyFico jumped 16 points with two accounts updating. Woo hoo!

"" height="50">

Message 12 of 21
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Nice!

Congrats!

Also, I IIB'd C1 fo $4K and got my new one on the timeline in the Plan.  You're well on your way!

-SM

P.S.  I hope you didn't get the NFCU secured card... they don't graduate so you have to take a new pull to get a real CC with them (which you would have been able to do in a couple-six months).  

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 13 of 21
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Divaofsongs wrote:

Congrats! I don't know who Soulmaster is or his/her plan 

That's Ok.... I know who I am!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Message 14 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

I already pulled the trigger on the NFCU secured before your last post. The rep told me for most it graduates and doesn't report secured. Other than that, I am following the plan. Haven't received a yes from Cap1 or CreditOne soft pulls. Do you think I should skip CreditOne and go to Cap1 since I have the NFCU card?

"" height="50">

Message 15 of 21
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

<shrug>  I don't know.  I guess it depends on your goals.

I wrote the plan for the masses who want to get thier scores up, don't want to get stuck in toyland, and maybe want to buy a house in a couple years.  Basically, I wrote it for me.  As I was advising myself, and that we're both vehimently opposed to secured/store cards, I really don't know.

I'd assume that the secured card would do the same thing as the CreditOne, but I don't stand by that assumption at all.

Also, from everything I've heard, NFCU cards NEVER graduate (though they may not report as secured... I don't know).

-SM

Message 16 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

I thought for sure most had NFCU secured go regular after 13th statement? I'll follow thru and see next March. I'll just go for the Cap1 in 5 months. Even though I burned them in BK I'm sure it will be fine.

"" height="50">

Message 17 of 21
EBates

Congrats! I received my discharge 2/4. Whoo hoo! My current status is TU 584 EX 593 EQ 528 I tried Credit One soft pull with no luck Cap One secured approved me with 200 deposit. Everything except my Chase account has been updated, which they are currently in the process of updating. How long should I wait before I go for Cap One unsecured? I want 2 at least have 2 lines of credit by the summer. Maybe I should just get another secured? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Message 18 of 21
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

I wrote the plan for the masses who want to get thier scores up, don't want to get stuck in toyland, and maybe want to buy a house in a couple years.  Basically, I wrote it for me.

-SM

A very well written and thought out guide no doubt.  I looked it over although having filed a 13 (and maintaining a car loan throughout) the damage wasn't nearly as bad as someone who files a 7.  Still... I am following some of the advice you've given.

My CU told me days after my discharge "get a Cap1 card and come back in 6 months.... well give you a CC.  For now all we can offer is secured."  Since I wasn't interested in a secured card I got a Cap1 card... and they did what they said they'd do... a $7k account in December at which point I hit the garden for the next 2 years.

I started with a small variety of major CC's, a couple gas cards as well as a Walmart... but then I got the Care Credit and $7k CU card and that was it.  I don't need anything else.  I'm not interested in store cards with toy limits.  I've got a couple high limit cards and will let the others get their CLI when it's time. FICO has been going up a steady 3-4 points a month... and will probably increase even more once these inquires age past a year.

Great guide... 

Message 19 of 21
JLinCA
Established Member

Myfico score is up to 571! Woo hoo!

"" height="50">

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.