Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Mortgage - Post BK 1 year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinance Mortgage - Post BK 1 year

I will be looking to do a refinance within a year and wanted some advice to see if it is possible.

Details:

• BK 7 Discharged 4/19 of this and gave up a property in NJ. (I currently live in TX)
  • My wife did not file for BK as the debt was all mine prior to us gettine married.
  • Wife has had the mortgage since 2009 with 0 late/missed payments. I am not on the morgage or the deed of this house. (Yet)
  • Home value is lowballed @ $300K with the mortgage payoff @ $160K

Question:

How likely are we going to be able to refinance at a decent rate for a 15 year fixed? Is it also possible for my wife to apply for the mortgage without me? 

1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Refinance Mortgage - Post BK 1 year

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be looking to do a refinance within a year and wanted some advice to see if it is possible.

Details:

• BK 7 Discharged 4/19 of this and gave up a property in NJ. (I currently live in TX)
  • My wife did not file for BK as the debt was all mine prior to us gettine married.
  • Wife has had the mortgage since 2009 with 0 late/missed payments. I am not on the morgage or the deed of this house. (Yet)
  • @Anonymous value is lowballed @ $300K with the mortgage payoff @ $160K

Question:

How likely are we going to be able to refinance at a decent rate for a 15 year fixed? Is it also possible for my wife to apply for the mortgage without me? 

Your wife will have to be the only applicant on a mortgage app as your will not be approved with such a recent bk discharge. Hopefully her income alone is sufficient to qualify for the new mortgage ... and you can be added to the deed without being on the mortgage.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.