Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation loans after discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Relocation loans after discharge

I should be getting discharged in the next week or so and I'm very excited! I also got a new job in LA and I need a loan to help with relocation. What would be a good place to look that's bk friendly. I only need between 5-10,000...... am I at a loss there

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Relocation loans after discharge

@Anonymous wrote:
I should be getting discharged in the next week or so and I'm very excited! I also got a new job in LA and I need a loan to help with relocation. What would be a good place to look that's bk friendly. I only need between 5-10,000...... am I at a loss there

Thanks

I'm afraid you're going to be hard pressed to find that kind of money being so newly discharged. It's probably time to think about Plan B . . seeing if any friends/family can help . . selling everything instead of paying to move it . . maybe even going without a car for a while. People are actually getting by in LA without cars on public transportation and uber nowadays.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really didn't want to sell my stuff. But I understand just wanted to take a stab and see if it was possible
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I really didn't want to sell my stuff. But I understand just wanted to take a stab and see if it was possible

You could also store it where you currently live, go to LA with a suitcase for now, and find some kind of economical short term furnished rental, get to work and save to move everything and get your permanent place later.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

True thanks
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it an option for the compan you're going to be working for to pay for any relocation costs?

I think the only place you'll find a loan is somewhere like OneMain, but that APR would be like 35%.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they won't... I have to be there by April 1st.... I will look into it thank you.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this is a silly question -- but do you have a 401(k) that you can take a loan on?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. I wish, I been working g temp and freelance for a few yrs now and finally got something permanent with benefits!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.