Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Accounts IIB

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Removing Accounts IIB

Hi everyone.

I filed chapter 7 09/2013 and was discharged 01/2014. I am looking to buy a house in January. Since the discharge I have 2 cc, 1 auto loan and my student loan that just came out of rehabilitation. My reports all say that the number of lates and collections are hurting me. Do you think I can goodwill the accounts and have them removed?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing Accounts IIB

You can always send goodwill letters to creditors. Whether or not they result in what you want is not predictable. Please read up on this and many other credit rebuilding techniques where they are all well documented and discussed in the rebuilding section of this forum. All the best.

Message 2 of 9
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

You can always send goodwill letters to creditors. Whether or not they result in what you want is not predictable. Please read up on this and many other credit rebuilding techniques where they are all well documented and discussed in the rebuilding section of this forum. All the best.

Thank you. I will research this in the forums.

Message 3 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Sassy_Taurus wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Thank you. I will research this in the forums.

One suggestion is for you to think in terms of offsetting the exiting baddies with new/positive goodies. That is a much more productive path than trying to remove baddies ... not that you can't do both at the same time for maximum benefit. Good luck and see you in the rebuilding section.

Message 4 of 9
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Well I have 2 credit cards, auto loan and my student loan is reporting positive. What other positive goodies should I add?
Message 5 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Another revolving TL would be something to get. To maximize your FICO you need 3 credit cards.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 9
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Scupra!
Message 7 of 9
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Are all of the accounts that were included in BK being reported as included in BK? Also, I, personally, would be willing to attempt disputes on the accounts, just to see what will be removed. I know there's a thread on another forum on getting a BK removed early, I would look into that.

Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

On myFICO we do not discuss disputing valid tradelines as it is against the myFICO "Terms of Service".

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4

Now that being said, asking the CRA's for an early exclusion could be a route to take depending on the DoFD and CRA Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.