Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing items from Credit Report after Bankruptcy

tag
conceptmat
Established Member

Removing items from Credit Report after Bankruptcy

Hello again. I just received a discharge after filing Chapter 7 today.

My current Credit Score is 549, and it's showing a lot of negative items. Some accounts say "included in Chapter 7" and some say "Bad debt/collection". Is this normal? Why doesn't it all show as included in Chapter 7?

I would like to try and remove some of the negative items. Does anyone have experience disputing items from Credit Report after Bankruptcy? Please advice

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing items from Credit Report after Bankruptcy

@conceptmat wrote:

Hello again. I just received a discharge after filing Chapter 7 today.

My current Credit Score is 549, and it's showing a lot of negative items. Some accounts say "included in Chapter 7" and some say "Bad debt/collection". Is this normal? Why doesn't it all show as included in Chapter 7?

I would like to try and remove some of the negative items. Does anyone have experience disputing items from Credit Report after Bankruptcy? Please advice

Thank you.

You're going to see lots of nasty things for a while.  I would give it at least 30 days for the things that show as bad debt to show that they were included in bankruptcy.

Congratulations on your discharge and happy rebuilding! 

Message 2 of 6
conceptmat
Established Member

Thank you for your comment. I am looking forward to it. 

Message 3 of 6
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Hello-

Yes I filed in April 2011. I pulled my credit report in March 2012 and found out all accounts where not showing "included in the bankruptcy. I disputed them all and this was the outcome.

Equifax: 523 March 2011

643 October 2012

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 4 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your discharge.  I waited a month to let my bankruptcy to show up on my credit reports.  I'm still working on cleaning up my credit reports. 

Message 5 of 6
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

I hope everything works out for you.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.