Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing negatives

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing negatives

How long does it take to remove the negatives off my report? Where is the best place to monitor credit, I pay for equifax monitoring right now but would ideally like to monitor all 3 reports for a while. What about the credit inquiries from before bankruptcy will those come off? I did things wrong and applied for credit before having things removed and my score is at 557 after discharge, so I am going to be in the garden until October and let the 2 capital one cards, victorias secret and credit one report and hope my score goes up a little.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing negatives

@Anonymous wrote:

How long does it take to remove the negatives off my report? Where is the best place to monitor credit, I pay for equifax monitoring right now but would ideally like to monitor all 3 reports for a while. What about the credit inquiries from before bankruptcy will those come off? I did things wrong and applied for credit before having things removed and my score is at 557 after discharge, so I am going to be in the garden until October and let the 2 capital one cards, victorias secret and credit one report and hope my score goes up a little.

The negatives will fall off once they show closed and the 7 years has passed, bankruptcy wont make them fall off, but you want to make sure any accounts included in bk are IIB. Myfico.com has a 3 report monitoring which I love and works great for me. My score was also around 550 when finished bk in june 2014, now after a lot work I have 5 capital one accounts highest is 10k and barclayscard. You can work to dispute your credit, you may be able to get some stuff removed it worked for me. I have gotten a lot removed since bk, check out this guys site too he works wonders.

Sorry but links to those sites are not allowed to be posted.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.