cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retainer paid, filing Chapt. 7 in two weeks.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retainer paid, filing Chapt. 7 in two weeks.

Hello All!

I have been lurking for well over a year and after much thought my Husband and I are finally reclaiming control of our financial life and filling Chapter 7 here in NV.  We found a great attorney and are very hopeful to start rebuilding our damaged credit immediately, yet responsibly.  

With that said, we have both been previously married, his ex had opened every card imaginable in his name with her as an authorized user and maxed all out prior to 2008 with a foreclosure and respossesion quickly after due to irresponsibility and living well beyond their means.  I on the other hand, had a newborn when I seperated from my Ex and suffered from a job loss and non-payment of child support that sent my credit backwards.  

We moved to NV in Dec, so we do not get the NV exemptions and will go off the Federal which is ok.  Surprisingly though, I did not anticipate the garnished child support from my EX to be included in the median income calculation, so it looks like we are heading for a means test since we are over now.  Has anyone that received child support have to include that into income?  It just seems funny to me as I use that money directly for the child and I don't file it on my income taxes every year.  

My other question is centered around rebuilding.  I have read every single response to SoulMaster's topic on how to get to 700 and find it responsible and steady.  Our Attorney offers the program "7 Steps to a 720 Credit Score" for free.  Does anyone have information on this program after BK or tried it themselves?  

I know my road is just starting so there will be more questions in the future, but for now thank you for answering! 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.