Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

Today I officially filed Chapter 7. I am surrendering my 2014 Chevy Cruze. Have some secured and unsecured cards. My credit score last checked was 404. So used to paying cash so doesn't really matter. I have a Victoria Secret card that I have kept in good standing and did not include. My goal os to have a 700 credit score next year.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
LiveLife88
Established Member

Re: Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

Good luck, and stay strong!

I filed BK CH7 on 1/20, had my 341 3 days ago. It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Currently just waiting to be discharged.

Just like you I'm pretty much getting used to paying cash for everything, however I can’t wait for the chance to start rebuilding my credit and using it responsibly in the future.

Message 2 of 35
Regular Contributor

Congrats on moving forward with your life. 

We had our meeting with our attorney today. We dropped everything off to file next week. I'm looking forward to having this behind me. 

I hope the rest of your BK runs smoothly. 

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! I filed the end of January and my meeting is next week. It feels like a weight has been lifted. I feel so good about it because now, I can focus on getting my finances in order and handling my credit the correct way.
Message 4 of 35
nomadicpixie
Valued Member

Congrats and good luck. We'll be moving through this on a similar time line. We file tomorrow. I hope it is a big weight off your shoulders. Looking forward to the new beginning. 

Rebuilding from BK 7
EQ-554 TU-567 EX-542 ~ Day of Filing (2/2017)
EQ-559 TU-496 EX-510 ~ Day of Discharge (6/2017)
EQ-696 TU-677 EX-679 ~ Current (4/18)
Credit One, Merrick, Paypal, Overstock, Pottery Barn, NFCU Secured & CapOne
Live, learn, and overcome
Message 5 of 35
climbingup88
Established Member

Congrats and good luck. I also have decided to file after debating for a year! I can already feel a weight off my shoulders. Hope this process is smooth for you. Good to see you also have a goal to work towards. 

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my score last night and it is now 484. I had a paid tax lien that came off after ten years. It was pain 2 months after being placed against me. By the way this is Hottgirl76. Somehow I have 2 user names. Still have not recieved a date for my 341 meeting aka creditors meeting. My attorney advised it would be approximately 30 days from my 2-23-17 filing date. Still can't believe 404 to 484 just for a tax lien falling off. Staying focused on My Road to Recovery. Not out the clear yet.
Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked my score last night and it is now 484. I had a paid tax lien that came off after ten years. It was pain 2 months after being placed against me. By the way this is Hottgirl76. Somehow I have 2 user names. Still have not recieved a date for my 341 meeting aka creditors meeting. My attorney advised it would be approximately 30 days from my 2-23-17 filing date. Still can't believe 404 to 484 just for a tax lien falling off. Staying focused on My Road to Recovery. Not out the clear yet.

Do you have access to pacer.gov? I found out on there first before I received the letter in the mail.

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk chapter 7 is finally showing on my credit report. It shows a file date of March 8. Per CreditWise via Capitol One website my score went from 492 to 454.
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get discourage it will bounce up and down for the first few weeks as everything will start showing, I have less than a month before discharge so i'll keep an update for you

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.