Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

Be sure after discharge to pull your credit report. Everything included in your BK. (If chapter 7) should show zero balances and current. Keep in touch...we're family now!
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started working on my reports a week after filing

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obtained 341 meeting date set for April 4, 2017. Crediors have until June 5th to file a response...FYI.
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be the shortest part of the whole process

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU-432 EQ-517
Chapter 7 reporting on both reports. Some of my collection accounts have been removed.
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

any updates?

Message 16 of 35
climbingup88
Established Member

I officially filed today (after waiting for a month due to lawyer's office)! Received my case number and everything. Now to wait on a date for my 341 meeting. 

Any update?

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! I filed Chapter 7 myself in August 2014 and was discharged in December of that year. I had been very reluctant to take such a drastic step at first, but many people, including my mother who herself had done this many years ago, persuaded me to, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Your credit will recover if you work at it; I'm still less than two and a half years past BK discharge and after fifteen months of working on rebuilding credit (I spent the first year or so jobhunting, as I described elsewhere) I already have several credit cards (including one of the best of 'em, Discover It) and a used-car loan at a decent rate.

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completed my creditors meeting aka 341 meeting on April 4th. Was in the meeting approx. 10 minutes. Contacted GM Financial who finally picked up my vehicle (voluntary surrender) one week ago. I did purchase another vehicle on March 24th. A 2011 Cadillac. APR is high...but I have to start somewhere. Here I was thinking/stressing over not having a vehicle and ended up with two. Credit scores are bouncing around but I'm doing things I couldn't before. Also opened a checking and savings account with Citibank.
Message 19 of 35
bshockley1981
New Contributor

We just filed Wednesday 4/12 and already have one collections removed. Does this happen with most? I thought they usually reported iib and 0 balance
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.