Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Road to Recovery...Chapter 7 filed today

@Anonymous wrote:
Today I officially filed Chapter 7. I am surrendering my 2014 Chevy Cruze. Have some secured and unsecured cards. My credit score last checked was 404. So used to paying cash so doesn't really matter. I have a Victoria Secret card that I have kept in good standing and did not include. My goal os to have a 700 credit score next year.

I have filed ch.7 and ch13 in my life, and helped my neice file ch.7 recently. I know you just filed, but to the best of my knowlege you can not choose to not include a creditor, and failure to do so could be grounds to dismiss, as it shows favoritism toward 1 unsecured creditor over another. Your attorney should be advising you of this.                                          EDIT::::I just saw the date on the original post after posting this...I still wonder how you could have not included a creditor in the filing. I would imagine you have recieved a discharge by now.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors have insurance on the credit they issue. One of the easist claims for them to collect on is when debtors file bk 7 or 13. One day I got a notofication they were added.
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's official. I was discharged from Chapter 7 on 06-08-17. All accounts are reporting current and zero balance. My TU 552 and EQ 575. Not bad. But still have a way to go. I'm sure once my student loans start reporting current I'll be in the 600's in no time.
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hottgirl Were your student loans in default when you filed BK? Mine were in default when I filed. I'll discharge sometime after Aug 21st. I wanted to know the process of the student loans becoming current after discharge and how much it'll affect my credit score while trying to rebuild.
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question hello everyone, my question is after bk7 discharge do all account suppose to report as zero balance an current ? Only asking cause most of my account show zero balance, included in bk7 and late payments that's really hurrimg my score discharge. 6/19/2017 scores mid 500s
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.