Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School refusing to accept bankruptcy

tag
Fordstacie
Established Member

School refusing to accept bankruptcy

Hello. I'm currently awaiting discharge and cleaning up my credit reports. Over the weekend I got an alert  regarding a change in my credit report. A school applied to 6 years ago is a my CR for orientation fees. I called asking them where I could get the account number from because no account number shows on my CR and I'm filing bankruptcy. I was told they don't accept bankruptcy and they won't remove it from my CR. Anyone ever heard of this? No student loans or anything were ever used for this school.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: School refusing to accept bankruptcy

What did your attorney say?   What type of school is it that they charge "orientation fees"?

Message 2 of 3
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: School refusing to accept bankruptcy

I went through the same with with nmsu, they were dead set on me owing it regardless of bk or not! once i filed and they were notified i ended up suing for violation of a federal court order by attempting to collect on a debt discharger in bk! i ended up winning 1,000 due to their efforts to collect 484 lol

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.