Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase so soon

tag
Creolet
Established Member

Score increase so soon

Hello everyone,
I've been cleaning up my report while waiting on my discharge so I contacted a creditor and asked them to correct my credit report from reading charge off to IIB. I did this all through email two days ago and today I got an alert saying my score went up. I'm seven points away from 600 today and haven't received my discharge yet so I'm feeling better about rebuilding. Don't need any credit cards only one or two for revolving accounts and a loan and I will stay gardening until it's time to make a big purchase. Thanks for all the advice and I continue to get answers to my questions through other threads.
1creolet
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
alanae1809
Established Member

Re: Score increase so soon

I didn't know you could do this before discharged is granted. Think I might try this tomorrow, did you contact the Orginal creditor or the collection agency?
Filed BK7: 2/25
341 Meeting 4/3
Starting Fico Score (Before BK): 547
Fico Score (After BK Filing): 474
Current Fico Score: 515
Goal: 700
Message 2 of 8
Creolet
Established Member

I contacted the original creditor because they reported it wrong.
Message 3 of 8
summerjune
Valued Member

I am doing the same thing, getting my reports in order while waiting for discharge.  I am making sure everything has a $0 balance and reads Included in Bankruptcy.  I had a Collection appear after the bankruptcy filing I called the Collection company and they said they would up date it.  I called back to follow up and the Collection account has been closed, I am just waiting for my report to be updated.  I will give it another week or so before I dispute it with the bureaus.

Discharged 4/25/14
Scores as of 4/24/14: Equifax 590 Transunion 636 Experian ?
Capital One Quicksilver $500.00 Firestone $1000
Message 4 of 8
Creolet
Established Member

From what I have read on the forums once you file and it is shown on your credit reports you can start correcting the account labeled wrong that are supposed to be included in bankruptcy. Easy fix on the creditors part from my experience. Once I subscribes to score watcher I immediately got the alert that my score had changed and from charge of to IIB it was a 76 point increase. My DH has an item to dispute as well one creditor is reporting the same card twice one being charged off and the other IIB. Should get fixed before the discharge letter is received. My creditor tried to tell me I had to have my attorney call so I said I am not trying to pay but I need you to correct what your reported, my credit report is my responsibility not my attorney. The person said print out your report circle and sign the inaccuracy and email it to us. I received a response the same day saying action has been taken and all three CA will be notified but give them 30-45 days. Once my discharge letter is received I will have no work to do but monitor and make sure everything is still good.
Message 5 of 8
starry1
Valued Contributor

I started disputing long before my discharge.  My report was clean prior to discharge too.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 6 of 8
alanae1809
Established Member

I haven't had my creditors meeting yet. Should I wait til then or am I good to go now?
Filed BK7: 2/25
341 Meeting 4/3
Starting Fico Score (Before BK): 547
Fico Score (After BK Filing): 474
Current Fico Score: 515
Goal: 700
Message 7 of 8
Creolet
Established Member

There is no penalty to check your own credit report ever. Go to annual credit report for you three free report or year. Since you have already filed BK that should show in public records, then everything you included in your BK should read petition for BK or IIB. If something you included in your BK is reading charged off instead of IIB you can request them to change it to IIB prior to discharge. If you feel something is going to change after your creditors meeting wait until after you hear the good to go from the trustee. But pulling and reviewing your report is something you can do in your down time to get an idea of where you are starting. Good luck.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.