Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears and equifax refuse to update account as IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears and equifax refuse to update account as IIB

I have disputed Sears with equifax for the last two months about sears not reporting IIB. I have spoke with equifax and even faxed a copy of the credit matrix and discharge to them. Everytime it comes back as verified.

Please help what are the next steps I can take? Can I sue Equifax or Sears? It is getting really frustrating at this point.

Also the same thing has happened to me with toyota and experian they say it verfied and I have even called Toyota and they said the account is closed and there is nothing they can do.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sears and equifax refuse to update account as IIB

Did you notify Sears? I always advise to contact the reporting COMPANY prior to disputing with the CRA(s).

If you didn't, send them a CMRRR, advising them of your BK and the fact that they verified incorrect data with Equifax. Tell them that they will be sued for willful violation of the FCRA if they don't correct their reporting with Equifax within 30 days.

That should take care of it. If not, take your paperwork to an attorney and collect money from Sears AND get your file updated correctly.

Keep in mind: 90% of the time, disputing with CRA directly is useless and a WASTE OF TIME. Why should they change anything if the source of the wrong information still thinks everything is right? You need to correct the source of the problem (Sears), not the CRA which is only PUBLISHING what they get from Sears.

The responsibility for correct reporting is with the creditor. That also applies to TOYOTA! What do they mean when they say "there is nothing we can do"? That would mean "we aren't in charge of our own reporting". Total BS! The account status doesn't matter - they either report correctly or take it of your credit-report.

Honestly, reading these things raise my blood-pressure. I would teach them a lesson!

Message Edited by ScoreBooster on 02-28-2009 10:18 PM
Message Edited by ScoreBooster on 02-28-2009 10:18 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.