Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured/Proof of Claim Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured/Proof of Claim Question

I filed for Ch13 in December of 2017. Due to a local rule (maybe common?) I am forced to pay my 2 auto loans through my plan. Of course my plan payments began in January 2018 and the vehicles were current prior to filing and up to the start of my plan payments. My plan is not yet confirmed due to some incompetence by my Attorney and I assume this is why my Trustee has not made a single payment to any creditors. Strangely neither of my 2 auto lenders (local Credit Union and HMF) filed Proof of Claim and I'm sure this further complicates payments on my auto loans that are now nearly 3 months past due. I plan to complete Proofs of Claim on the lenders behalf and may have to on my own because my Attorney is worthless. Am I at risk of reposession or other adverse action? Do I need to list the nearly 3 months of arrears on the Proof of Claim, or does this only apply for past due situations prior to filing? I would make payments on my own to cure the arrears but of course I have been paying all disposable income in to my plan since filing. If it matters both auto loans were taken in 2017 on 2017 model vehicles so the loans are fairly new. The local Credit Union shows on my credit report as current and makes no mention of IIB. HMF shows as IIB and had never started reporting history prior to this comment. Thank you for the time and any advice!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.