cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell home, remove Bk degrogatory acct from CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sell home, remove Bk degrogatory acct from CR?

When my DW and I filed for our Ch 13 in 2004 for medical bills mostly (did include cc debt as well), our mortgage was marked IIB.  We sold the home in 2005.  She fought and fought with US bank to update the status as paid in full or paying as agreed as our mortgage was not included in the BK (we did not reaffirm or anything, just kept making our payments).  That account reported as IIB/payment after wage earner plan until this past summer when it "fell off", presumably because of the 7 year mark.  There were no late payments or arrears or anything. On time payments, just the IIB remark.   

Message 11 of 13
scrubs
Regular Contributor

all account has to be included in bk you can not pick and choose, incl. mortgage,  like i said before mortgage will not be updated if  you reaffirm or not. linkage betweem you and the bank is broken and,   linkage only remain on the property. you can walk away from the property anytime you want without any problems.

Message 12 of 13
carolina98
Contributor

I would like to note again that all 3 credit bureaus are duly noting all my payments on my mortgage. I filed in in Feb and my mortgage payments have been updated each month since by the CBs. TU and EQ show the accounts as derog but the continuously updated history shows no lates. Experian has my main mortgage listed an account in good standing. I did not reaffirm.

It does sound like if I sold the house and paid it off that it might show as IIB/Paid.

I've read if you pay an IIB account off it has to show as paid on the CR to reflect accuracy, even though it may still be listed under degrog accounts. That probably doesn't  help any.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.