Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked to find out I had Chase IIB, apparently under a Bank One CC

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

Shocked to find out I had Chase IIB, apparently under a Bank One CC

Just opened a new checking/savings acct w/ Chase today as PNC has *#$@ed me off for the last time.  As were doing my paperwork, the banker asks if I am interested in the Freedom card.  I said yes but not right now, she then unexpectedly informs that Chase was IIB to the tune of 10K.  What, holy crap!!!  She stated that when Chase was Bank One a long time ago???, I had a CC with one of the affiliate banks of Bank One, now owned by Chase.  I have just gone thru my BK paperwork and cannot figure which one it was.  Irrelevant at this point.  Now I'm freaking out about applying for the Chase Freedom now.  I feel Chase will use it against it me when in reality, I 'screwed over' one of these OTHER banks, not Chase per se.  I just figured it out, First USA was under Bank One.  Should I app in a month, like I was going to.  Or, should I give it a good 6 mos wait instead and build some 'trust' again? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shocked to find out I had Chase IIB, apparently under a Bank One CC

@jwright343 wrote:

Just opened a new checking/savings acct w/ Chase today as PNC has *#$@ed me off for the last time.  As were doing my paperwork, the banker asks if I am interested in the Freedom card.  I said yes but not right now, she then unexpectedly informs that Chase was IIB to the tune of 10K.  What, holy crap!!!  She stated that when Chase was Bank One a long time ago???, I had a CC with one of the affiliate banks of Bank One, now owned by Chase.  I have just gone thru my BK paperwork and cannot figure which one it was.  Irrelevant at this point.  Now I'm freaking out about applying for the Chase Freedom now.  I feel Chase will use it against it me when in reality, I 'screwed over' one of these OTHER banks, not Chase per se.  I just figured it out, First USA was under Bank One.  Should I app in a month, like I was going to.  Or, should I give it a good 6 mos wait instead and build some 'trust' again? 

Chase was never Bank 1 they bought Bank 1 out and assumed their portfolio. How old is this BK???

Message 2 of 5
jwright343
New Contributor

It will be 10 years this October.  Thick portfolio.  14 year history. 730ish score.  

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jwright343 wrote:

It will be 10 years this October.  Thick portfolio.  14 year history. 730ish score.  

ahh ok, dont app for anything till it passes the 10 year mark. Typically with Chase less than 10 years is PIF after 10 years prob still be denied but will be able to successfully recon for approval, some have reported still no go after 10 years so YMMV but you wont know until you try. Other than that IIB all looks good to go.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing Chase will never talk to me again. I hit them for about $93K in BK 7. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.