cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Cap One after discharge?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for Cap One after discharge?

Hello! I have seen some people mention that you have to wait a year for Capital One if you burned them in your BK7. My Capital One card was closed and sold to a collection agency around 2012/2013, and I just filed bankruptcy yesterday and am looking forward to my discharge. My question is, did I actually burn Capital One since it was already sold to a collection agency years ago, or do you guys think I will have a chance with them post-discharge? Thank you for any input!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for Cap One after discharge?

With your Cap1 troubles so far in the past I would say you probably have a good shot however, based on recent reports, it seems they have become rather cautious lately. I do think you have a good chance but I definitely think you should check their site for pre-qualifications. You may get a couple offers without even risking a pull.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not saying there wouldn't be a pull to actually open the card, just that you could check your chances in advance.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my thinking as well. I appreciate your input, I'll go through the pre-qual after discharge. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.