cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for a new Capital One credit card?

tag
radguy
Established Member

Should I apply for a new Capital One credit card?

Hi, it's been almost one and half years since I was discharged from Ch.7, in September I applied for a Cap 1 cc and was approved for a $3000 platinum card. Recently I did their pre-qualify online and was pre-qualified for a Qucksilver card. I want to increase my credit line. My question is should I do this now or wait a bit? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MacMan313
Contributor

Re: Should I apply for a new Capital One credit card?

I would do it sooner than later so you AAoA is not brought down
EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with above, conditionally. Have you done any other prequals? I am not a fan of having multiple cards with one bank. If someone else wants to give you a shot, I would take that instead. Then leverage the other lender to get cap 1 to product change your original card to qs.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I think I would hit up Barclays for their Rewards card before I pulled the trigger on a new Cap-1 card.

Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Contact EO for CLI and PC to Quicksilver card, problem solved. Then go to Barclay and pick whatever card you want Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Cap 1 Platinium first, then a few weeks later the Quicksilver, then the Barclays right after, even though its a very small CL with Barclays, it was a foot in the door.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.