cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I contact the creditors before filing BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I contact the creditors before filing BK?

I am still debating on what my best options are but if I were to decide on BK does it make sense to contact the creditors to tell them that this is my plan? Do you think they would try to settle something better? Has anyone else tried this.? If you read my other post you can see what My current situation is, just thought I would see if anyone else has had any luck with putting the creditors to the wall. I'm sure they dont want me to file BK.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I contact the creditors before filing BK?

no...if you do file, the court will send every creditor in your application that that is your intention.

the problem with telling them now is that if you tell them now and you don't qualify, you just opened yourself up for lawsuits.

there is a process, in which a test is determined by a lawyer if you qualify and would advise you if this is the best step.

there is also a procedure if you want to re-affirm any of those debts (to keep in good standings, maybe a car loan or one credit card).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.