Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I file bankruptcy?

tag
JayDilla
Valued Member

Should I file bankruptcy?

Well I have had alot of medical problems, and got ssdi. But before my medicare kicked in i needed major surgery. I had no insurance at the time, so now i have 26k medical collection on my credit report. I only make around 20k a year on ssdi. Would bankruptcy be the best way to go?. The debt is roughly 5 years old.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I file bankruptcy?

@JayDilla wrote:
Well I have had alot of medical problems, and got ssdi. But before my medicare kicked in i needed major surgery. I had no insurance at the time, so now i have 26k medical collection on my credit report. I only make around 20k a year on ssdi. Would bankruptcy be the best way to go?. The debt is roughly 5 years old.

Hello to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I went through a BK many years ago but it did not involve medical debt. Over on the Bankruptcy boards you might get some good advice. Perhaps one the the moderators will see this and move it for you.

Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I file bankruptcy?

I know zilch about BK but I'm pretty sure SSDI can't be touched. I wouldn't file.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.