cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I take this offer or leave it?

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I take this offer or leave it?

@Elexismc wrote:

Thank you! That's how I felt too, but I have heard so many horror stories about them-although since I don't plan on carrying a balance, how bad can it actually be, right?

What horro stories? Whoch of those stories apply to you? Credit cards should not be used as a financing tool ... period. If you have to use a credit card as a financing tool, then you are not ready for credit ... in my opinion. Who cares what the rates are is the bill will be paid each month?

Message 11 of 17
Elexismc
Valued Member

They just did it...I paid the bill and kept checking to see when the payment had cleared and was reflected in my available credit(they usually take a few days to make it available even though the payment posts pretty quickly) and I noticed I had $400 available instead of $300!
Message 12 of 17
Elexismc
Valued Member

Well the more I read the more I realized that the "horror" stories came from people who more or less were not responsible with the card or simply didn't understand what they were getting into when applying for a rebuilding card...I have zero complaints an as long as I continue to stay responsible I think the card will work for me just fine
Message 13 of 17
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Same with me and Credit One.

I knew what I was getting into... What the fees were and the way interest was charged...

They helped me with my rebuild by giving me a card when no one else would and the rewards have already paid off with my score and my rebuild...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 14 of 17
Elexismc
Valued Member

I couldn't agree more! I am very thankful for getting a second chance!
Message 15 of 17
todobetter

One month after discharge both my husband and I got 400.00,  trying to work the plan on here so we charged 7.00 let it bill  and paid it. We  received a notice they gave us a 200.00 credit increase. I was shocked.

Message 16 of 17
Elexismc
Valued Member

I'm hoping it grows with me a bit over time...I know I shouldn't expect anything overnight, but I am definitely going to do everything I can to make that happen!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.