Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to recon NFCU cc decline?

tag
jenne223
New Contributor

Should I try to recon NFCU cc decline?

Hi all.  I recently came back to the boards after having a very hard time dealing with my bankruptcy etc. I file for bankruptcy last year in December and receive my discharge in April of this year. I found out about the state department federal credit union secured card on another site while I was researching the Bank of America secured card.  I've had that for about three months or maybe four but that's it. I came back to this site last month and searching around I found the way to get into in nfcu  The civilian way and just recently received membership on the 23rd. So I thought about it yesterday as I was thinking about it since I got membership, and I went to head and filled out an app for one of their credit cards.  I saw that I needed to wait until they reviewed it and then this afternoon I received an email that said I had to secure message in the card was declined. They said I would get information in about 5 to 7 days. I also know that they checked Trans Union for both hp's I found that out from credit karma.  That is my lowest score right now.  TU 578, EQ 637, EX 624.  Everything looks to be in order on my credit report so I'm not sure why Trans Union is lagging behind with the score. Anyway I wanted to ask should I try to recover this declined card? Or should I just wait and try and apply again at another time? The decline message stated that I did not meet the credit union's lending  criteria for approval. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
jenne223
New Contributor

Re: Should I try to recon NFCU cc decline?

I meant to ask should I try to recon or just wait until a later time?

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, send in your last two paystubs via secure message on the website. Explain the whole story to them again.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is recon?

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is recon?

Recon = reconsideration. The process for getting a lender to re review a declined application.

Message 5 of 25
jenne223
New Contributor

Ty for responding. I did what you said and got denied again.

This is what they sent:

Thank you for your inquiry as to why your cashRewards Visa credit card application was not approved. Because we take our members’ concerns seriously, we have conducted a second review of your application. However, after careful consideration, we have determined that we must stand behind our original decision. Our credit decision was based on information obtained from your credit file with Trans Union. We suggest that you obtain a copy of your current credit report from Trans Union so that you may identify and possibly address any items of concern. Trans Union may be reached at: Trans Union LLC, 2 Baldwin Pl., P.O. Box 1000, Chester, Pennsylvania 19022, or by phone 1-800-888-4213, .....Although we cannot currently establish an unsecured cre  dit card in your name, you may be eligible to participate in our nRewards Secured credit card program. Under this program, you may be issued a credit card that is secured by funds in your savings account. These funds will continue to earn dividends while on hold. The minimum credit limit for our nRewards Secured card is $500.00. If you are interested in obtaining a secured credit card or would like additional information, please contact us at 888-842-6328. We ask that you please do not reply to this application message. If you have further inquiries, you may send an online message using your Navy Federal Online Account Access service. On the Other Services tab, click on E-Message to Navy Federal under the Contact Us option, or you may call our card servicing department any time at 888-842-6328.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn if you are interested in the secured card it is a great program and they do graduate people.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jenne223 wrote:

I also know that they checked Trans Union for both hp's I found that out from credit karma.  That is my lowest score right now.  TU 578, EQ 637, EX 624.  Everything looks to be in order on my credit report so I'm not sure why Trans Union is lagging behind with the score.  

There is something wrong with your TU report.  It is virtually impossible for that large of a difference without something differring between your reports.  I would strongly advise pulling a 3-bureau report from CCT using the $1 trial, then go over the comparison with a fine-toothed comb.  If you still can't find the difference, ask someone you trust to go over it for you.  

THERE IS SOMETHING THERE, I assure you

Message 8 of 25
jenne223
New Contributor

What is CCT?

Message 9 of 25
jenne223
New Contributor

Nevermind. I found it.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.