Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i Apply fro CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i Apply fro CC

Im about two weeks from discharge 72 days since 341 but I just had a reaif hearing yesterday. For the heck of it I ran a capital one prequal for me and my wife and it came back with a planinum and quicksilver for both of us. I did burn them in BK and my wife has been reciving offers in the mail from them. the question is should i apply or wait?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should i Apply fro CC

Wait until you have your discharge in hand AND have fixed all the credit reporting errors after your discharge. There will be errors, you want to put your best foot forward.

In the meantime, put together your post Bk budget including a savings plan.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  I know it's hard, but wait a little bit after discharge for you CR's to update.  You'll have better success.  Good Luck!

Message 3 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im about two weeks from discharge 72 days since 341 but I just had a reaif hearing yesterday. For the heck of it I ran a capital one prequal for me and my wife and it came back with a planinum and quicksilver for both of us. I did burn them in BK and my wife has been reciving offers in the mail from them. the question is should i apply or wait?

Do not apply for new credit until your discharge is final. About 30 days after discharge, pull your three credit reports and examine every tradeline for accurate reporting. Work on correcting any inaccurate reportsing. Once that exercise is complete, feel free to app for credit cards after reading some of the great, useful rebuilding posts in the rebuilding section of this forum.. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with waiting until after you get your discharge before applying for anything new. Remember, patience is the key to any rebuild.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait at least until your attorney informs you of the discharge . There is no rush to do anything before that unless you absolutely have to, but talk to your attorney they can advise you best for your particular situation .

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.