Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So close to Discharge!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So close to Discharge!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and very excited I've found you all! A little about my situation, I have completed everything pertaining to my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and am waiting very impatiently for my discharge hahaha!  I had my 341 on 10/31/17 and my date for Objection to Discharge was 12/30/17.  I did see on PACER that my affirmation agreement for my vehicle was approved on 1/8/18 and I realize the holiday's have probably caused a bit of a backlog so I certainly hope I get discharged soon!

I have been reading through the forum and I'm so thrilled at all the terrific advice on here.  I do have a few questions I'm hoping others can help with.  My bankruptcy was triggered due to divorce. I have a child and simply couldn't afford to pay my massive credit card debts while keeping a roof over his head.  Prior to discontinuing my payments I was in good standing with my payments, just at the max for the cards I was using at the time.  No other debts were charged off, just credit cards.

I have been monitoring through ck to see updates and I do see the bankruptcy on there as well as all my applicable accounts brought to $0.  I saw however many people talking on here about making sure there is specific verbiage stating "included in bankruptcy".  I see that on my EQ report but my TU report just states: Remarks - Chapter 7 Bankruptcy       

Current Payment Status - No Info

Amount Past Due - $0

Worst Payment Status - No Info

vs     EQ       Remarks - Account closed by grantor

Bankruptcy Chapter 7

Bankruptcy Petition

Current Payment Status - IIB

Worst Payment Status - No Info

Those are the basic differences between the two both only showing the 1 derogatory remark being the bankruptcy.  Would you consider these alright or does the verbiage need to be different on them. I'd like to request a correction sooner rather than later.  Other than that I will be waiting for my student loans to come back as current with balances as they have been brought to $0 also stating Bankruptcy, Chapter 7, Bankruptcy Petition and IIB. 

On a different note my ck scores have increased from mid 600's to 697 and 691, I assume due to the reduction of my card balances.  Am I to assume that since they have all been brough to $0 that my score may bot change much more after discharge?  I realize this is not the FICO scores and will be pulling them as soon as I get my discharge, but the fact that it has increased so much is giving me hope.  Maybe since my debt was basically all maxed out and now my debt to income ratio is substantially better?

Anyway thank you all in advance!  I cannot wait to start building back up! Come on dishcharge!!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So close to Discharge!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and very excited I've found you all! A little about my situation, I have completed everything pertaining to my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and am waiting very impatiently for my discharge hahaha!  I had my 341 on 10/31/17 and my date for Objection to Discharge was 12/30/17.  I did see on PACER that my affirmation agreement for my vehicle was approved on 1/8/18 and I realize the holiday's have probably caused a bit of a backlog so I certainly hope I get discharged soon!

If 12/30 was your objection to discharge deadline, shouldn't you have been discharged by now assuming no one has objected to the discharge?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So close to Discharge!

From everything I’ve read it’s not a guarantee. We have a lot of holidays during my 60 days. They also only just approved my reaffirmation for my vehicle on the 8th. It looks like that’s when the lender complied.

From everything I’ve gathered it’s not set in stone. It depends on your state (some process discharges all on one specific day a month) or there could be a back log that’s just delaying.

I have not received any information that would suggest things are not on track. My attorney confirmed this past weekend it should be any day now. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.