Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused now

tag
Cat27hargadon
New Contributor

So confused now

My reports are showing derogatory and some open not closed. They are showing $0. How do I proceed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: So confused now

You need for all the accounts in a BK7 to say "Included in Bankruptcy".  I might say "IIB" or "Included in a Chapter 7, 11 or 13 Bankruptcy".  The balance should show 0.

Now I have a few accounts that show "open" but 0 balance after my BK7.  I did NOT dispute this because the open account is helping my AAOA.  I called them and they all say the account is closed.  However, they did not report correctly so I am not going to kick a sleeping dog.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It usually takes a month or two for the reflection to show.  Even if it was wipe out from Bankruptcy, they will still show on your credit report until the SOL is over.

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

You need for all the accounts in a BK7 to say "Included in Bankruptcy".  I might say "IIB" or "Included in a Chapter 7, 11 or 13 Bankruptcy".  The balance should show 0.

Now I have a few accounts that show "open" but 0 balance after my BK7.  I did NOT dispute this because the open account is helping my AAOA.  I called them and they all say the account is closed.  However, they did not report correctly so I am not going to kick a sleeping dog.

This! Start disputing things as "included in BK" 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.