Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still unsuccessful 2months post discharge getting a credit card

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Still unsuccessful 2months post discharge getting a credit card

I have a question about your CreditOne account. Was it charged off before your bankrupcty or was it included?

You may also want to look at joining SDFCU, where you can get a secured Visa at 6.99% and a secured loan without checking your credit. I would get both if possible. Pay off that loan within a few months and keep that Visa opened and in perfect order for 6 months. After the seventh month, i would try again for an unsecured card with someone like CapitalOne or Barclay.

Hang in there, life will get better.

Message 11 of 14
missgaonmymind
Contributor

It was charged off but it was a debt that I still included in my BK. I did the same for First Premier which I had a couple of years earlier than Credit One and they showed included. Its a technical loophole some CC companies take advantage of when it comes to BK filers. However, thanks to everyone on this forum, there's hope.

Current score post Ch 7 10/28/14 discharge : EQ: 729 TU 737 EX 725
Goal scores: 800

Chase Sapphire Preferred- $14k Capital One Venture- $10k; Capital One Spark Business- $5k; Discover IT: $11k, Discover Chrome- $14.5k; Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $7.1k; Navy Federal Go Rewards- $12.4k; AMEX Gold; AMEX SkyMiles Plat- $5k; Macy’s AMEX- $12k
Message 12 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

If your debt with Credit One was charged off PRIOR to your filing your bankruptcy petition, then the reporting of Charged Off (not IIB) on your Credit Report is correct and should not be updated.

The bankruptcy discharge did wipe out the responsibility to repay the debt, yes, that is correct (again, it also prevents future collection attemps should Credit One sell the bad debt to a JDB) - but Credit One is accurate in reporting a Charge Off on that TL.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 13 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

REDSOX is correct. You can fight and fight and maybe get the IIBK remark but it won't be easy. I went through the CFPB and had a couple changed to IIBK but my score didn't move at all. Good luck
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.