Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stubborn med collection included in bk

tag
holhat
Regular Contributor

Stubborn med collection included in bk

After I filed chap 7 BK in Feb 2014, most accounts on my report simply disappeared but one CA (known to be crooked) is being difficult. They are reporting 8 accounts for the same doctor/clinic. They are at least reporting "incl in bk" and balance 0 now but is there something I can do to get them removed? They are the only thing on my EQ report and keeping my score in high 500' while the other two CB report mid 600's. Thank you for any advice
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stubborn med collection included in bk

@holhat wrote:
After I filed chap 7 BK in Feb 2014, most accounts on my report simply disappeared but one CA (known to be crooked) is being difficult. They are reporting 8 accounts for the same doctor/clinic. They are at least reporting "incl in bk" and balance 0 now but is there something I can do to get them removed? They are the only thing on my EQ report and keeping my score in high 500' while the other two CB report mid 600's. Thank you for any advice

If you can prove that they are all for the same charge/account you could dispute them as duplicates.  Unfortunately if they are all for seperate instances that you had charges with that Dr. then they are reporting correctly and they will stay on there for 7 years from the DOFD.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 4
holhat
Regular Contributor

I  thought there were HIPAA laws in place that made medical collections delete if 0 balance...everything else was deleted.

Bummer  Smiley Mad I'm in BK hell

Thank you 

Message 3 of 4
holhat
Regular Contributor

Wow! Those med collections aren't on my EQ report!! EQ dispute results even say "updated to incl in bk" but they are no longer on updated report.... Weird
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.