Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success stories on Capital One Approvals

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Success stories on Capital One Approvals

I burned Capital One in my bankruptcy, June 2014.  I was denied a couple of times once I tried to appy again, no hard pulls though.  Although I obtained a secured card from my credit union, Verve MC, Express card  and Fingerhut account.  I gave them time to report to the 3 credit bureau's and I tried again this month.  To my suprise I was approved for both the Capital One Platinum, and Quick Silver 1 card, they did do a hard pull this time and I am okay with that.  I am so excited.  I believe you have to let your bankrputcy age if you have buned them before although some people get approved right out of bankruptcy.  I say give it some time and you will get there, if that is the card you want.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Success stories on Capital One Approvals

To help other users can you clarify how long you had positive revolvers reporting before getting the approval? Awesome job and congrats!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat's on your new Cap 1 cards !!  What did you get for CL's?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

I burned Cap1 pretty bad, I don't remember the amount but they got a judgement against me and then an order for wage garnishment.  They were the main reason I even filed for bankruptcy.  Suprisingly, I was approved for $500 the day after my discharge and $2000 a month later.  I'm truly suprised when I hear that there are people who can't get back in.

Message 4 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

I had positive revolvers for around four months, and before I applied I made sure all my accounts was up to date and reporting.  I did the pre-qualifier on their website before I applied and I got I was pre approved for my cards.  On the Quick Silver 1 card (500.00) and on the Platinum (500.00).  Although after six months I will be reviewed for credit line increases.  I hope this help anyone who believe they cannot get a Capital One card after bankruptcy

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 7
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

6 months after discharge:

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital OneÆ. Unfortunately, after reviewing your
application, we cannot approve your request at this time. Please know that in the process of making
this decision, your credit score was not impacted.

The reason(s) for our decision are:

· Based on your application information, there are too many delinquent past or present Capital One
credit obligation(s)

If you feel we missed something or misread your information, then please write to us at P.O. Box
30280, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0280 and include your Application ID number referenced above.
We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but we hope there is an opportunity to provide
you new products and services in the future.

Sincerely,

Capital One Customer Care Team

Message 6 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would give it some more time.  However, each Capital One approval is different.  When you applied did they do a hard pull or soft pull of your credit?  Looking at your explanation of denial, I received that same letter when I applied fresh out of bankruptcy.  Although, I added other tradelines and gave them time to report to the maor credit bureau's, then I re applied again and they approved me with those cards.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.