Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suncoast Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suncoast Credit Union

Is anyone on this forum from Florida and have dealt with Suncoast Credit Union? I'm curious as to whether they are bankruptcy friendly or not with their credit cards.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suncoast Credit Union

Hi. I've been a member of Suncoast for 5 years now. They have been very gracious in lending. In the past they've approved me for an auto refinance and 3 unsecured loans. Unfortunately, I filed bankruptcy this year and I should have my discharge in a few days. I managed to keep my loans through SCFCU and will continue to pay them in hopes that SCFCU will still lend to me in the future. 

I think the fact they've allowed me to keep my loans suggests they are open to working me later on down the road. If you have positive dealings with them please post your experience.

By the way. Was your Capital One Auto Loan approved post-discharge? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mirando411 - Yes, my Capital One auto loan was approved 9 days post discharge. We walked out of the dealer with a 2015 Ford Expedition for $32k with no money down! My husband and I ran out of the dealer before they could change their minds. LOL 

Thanks for the information on Suncoast Credit Union. I'm actually going to inquire with them about refinancing the auto loan with them with a lower rate this month since it will be 6 months since we've purchased the car.  Since they will pull my credit for the auto refinance I plan to inquire about a credit card as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 4
SSH0126
Established Contributor

What were your scores when you and your husband applied for the expedition?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.