Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super glad I found this forum, Sad it took me so long

tag
Farmer620

Super glad I found this forum, Sad it took me so long

Filed Joint  BK in 4/2008, Discharge 11/2008

Little back story: Was doing good, instant approvals, getting into debt, bad business decision, enconomy took a dump, filed for BK.

Figured I couldnt get any credit for awhile so I didnt try.

In 2010, got appoved for a car loan for work with high interset rate.  Then after the wife got into an accident with our (paid for) van, got another car loan. 7 months later, traded/ another car loan. Been paying on that for the last 3 yrs.  Have no credit cards, just installments

As of 7/2013 our fico score (Avantus Merge) are:

Mine: EX650 EQ638 TU665

Hers:  EX660 EQ638 TU632

Since then, I paid off my work van and just recently open up an account with Les Schwab( after paying off Original Account)  Wife opend a Fingerhut account. 

So all we have is:

1- Installment account

2- Revolving accounts

This last weekend, went out car shopping, found a couple, some did soft pulls, two of them did hard pulls.  Lost a few points there!  Deals didnt work out and I really dont want to pay 13.75% on a car anymore.

I'd prefer NOT to get credit cards or get into debt again, Id rather pay cash for everything......But....

So my short term goal at first is to improved my fico score to get me into the next tier of % rates then go for the  long term, buy a house

Looking at My CR's, looks like I have a few things to clear up. Most the derogatory accounts are from the BK. Most of them are were closed between my filing date and discharged date. All three CBR have pretty much the same info. Some dates are off though. Trans Union even shows an estimate date of removal.

Going down to my local CredUnion and see if they have a credit rebuilder program and already applied for credit one card (said appoved). SO I guess Im starting OFF on this great adventure

Larry

BK Discharge 11/2008
Mine: 07/2013 EX650 ;EQ638; TU665 All Fako
Hers: 07/2013 EX660; EQ638; TU632 All Faco
NO APPS till 09/14
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Super glad I found this forum, Sad it took me so long

Farmer620,

Good for you... just remember to take it easy and you'll do fine.  Where you're @ right now, alot of your delinquent accounts should start falling off really soon (7.5 years past the date of first delinquency)... that will help you out a bit, too.

Good luck,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 3
Farmer620

Re: Super glad I found this forum, Sad it took me so long

According to Trans Union, By April of 2015  12 derogatory accounts are suppose to be removed.

BK Discharge 11/2008
Mine: 07/2013 EX650 ;EQ638; TU665 All Fako
Hers: 07/2013 EX660; EQ638; TU632 All Faco
NO APPS till 09/14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.