Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank

Care Credit is the easiest card of theirs to obtain, post Ch. 7 Discharge.

I burned them for just under 1K and six months post discharge, they approved me for $3,000.  Then, just earlier this year (last month), I applied for a Lowe's Card (the Synchrony) and was approved for 1800 (and burned Lowe's for 2K) so - they are def. BK friendly.

The Care Credit Card has definitely come in handy, that's for sure.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 12 moths post bk 7 just about a week ago I got approved for lowes,chevron/Texaco
And JcPenney. All three synchrony cards
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did burn synchrony with Ashley furniture, lowes for a small amt, and maybe one other. I was told by a lowes card rep that they would reconsider after 2 years, but I was able to obtain an Amazon prime card a couple months ago and my d/c was in December 2015
Message 13 of 20
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

They have been very friendly to me, but I did not burn them.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I burned them pretty bad and haven't had luck.  Course it's only been about 4 months post discharge.  I'll try to be more patient lol!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, won't let me back in....
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am exactly 11 months post BK today and had tried in the past to get a Synchrony backed card.  Just last night was approved for an Amazon store card with a $700 credit limit. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me a year post discharge to get any Synchrony cards. I however didn't burn them in my BK7. They have been very generous with my limits however. I have Ashley Furniture and Care Credit both for $2000 limits, Walmart for $1500 and Amazon for $1000. 

Message 18 of 20
Pway
Valued Contributor

It took me over a year to get back in with Synchrony bank.  I had a JcPenney account that was IIB, and I could not get nothing with them for the longest time.  In December of last year I was back in with them.  I have the account that IIB and more.

Yes they are forgiving it just takes them some time to allow you back in with them.  It will happen in time, keep rebuilding and they will approve.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged bk7 01/2016 and just got an Amazon card for $1300. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.