Did you mean: 

Synchrony approvals post-BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony approvals post-BK?

@taxdoc wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

was approved first time i applied which was about 1 year.

amazon, lowes, wal-mart, paypal = around 10,000 total

I thought PayPal was Comenity Bank and not Synchrony.

PayPal has two different credit products: PayPal Smart Connect is backed by Synchrony and the PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later) is backed by Comenity

Message 31 of 51
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I will try then at the 6 month mark and then if denied after one year.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 32 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony declined me for Amazon and Walmart. 

At the 5mos mark post Ch7. 

Didn' burn any Synchrony in the bk. 

I'll try again a six months. 

TU score is 653

Message 33 of 51
panthersguy
New Contributor

I got approved Monday for Amazon ($1500) and Walmart ($1100) and was surprised. We are 9 months post DC and included a LOT of Synchrony cards including Walmart. I think the Amazon card was $0 balance. TU FICO is 683. We have been rebuilding pretty well and have about $50K in CL's. Current UTI is 12%, but will be paid off at the end of the month. We run a LOT of $ through our CAP1 cards for the rewards.

I did call Credit Solutions to get a CLI on Amazon, but was shot down. FIgured they may have pulled up my accounts by my social since I don't have the cards yet and saw the BK on them. I may try again once I get the cards and see if that makes a difference.

All in all not too bad considering the time frame and pretty good starting limits.

From what I've read on several forums, 6 mos post DC and at least a 650 FICO gives you a good shot regardless if you've included them or not...BUT as always YMMV...

Just thought I'd share....

Message 34 of 51
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

1) Which card(s)? Walmart

2) How long after discharge? 7 months (Pulled TU around 650)

3) Did you include any Synchrony accounts in your BK7? Walmart and Amazon for around $5,000

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 35 of 51
mark_mark

I am about 10 months since discharge (more than a year since file) and I was just approved for a Lowe's (only $300, but I'll take it and I plan on phoning in tomorrow for a CLI).  

I did burn Walmart, Amazon and PayPal (all Synchrony accoutns) in BK 7.

My question is:  Should I try for other Synchrony approvals or consider myself lucky and stick with Lowe's only for now?

For those interested my FICO 8 scores range from 650 to 665.

Filed BK February 2016, discharged June 2016 | March 2017 - EQ 659, TU 654, EX 663 | Goal - All above 700
Message 36 of 51
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

@mark_mark wrote:

I am about 10 months since discharge (more than a year since file) and I was just approved for a Lowe's (only $300, but I'll take it and I plan on phoning in tomorrow for a CLI).  

I did burn Walmart, Amazon and PayPal (all Synchrony accoutns) in BK 7.

My question is:  Should I try for other Synchrony approvals or consider myself lucky and stick with Lowe's only for now?

For those interested my FICO 8 scores range from 650 to 665.

You can apply for another Synchrony card, I applied for Walmart and lowes the same day. By the way, my score was around 650 too and my lowes card was also approved for $300.

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 37 of 51
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

I'm 8 months post bk7 discharge. I included Walmart and old navy cards. Just got a lowes card in the mail. Apples, then called credit solutions who approved me over the phone. $300 limit and wouldn't budge. I'll take it. When I buy a place in a year and a half, hopefully it'll be significantly higher. Score pulled a 664
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 38 of 51
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

My boyfriend is still currently IN chapter 13 and it won't be discharged until November of this year and he was approved for Lowes automatically (last week) with a $3,000 starting limit! Income is $90,000/year. I hope this helps. 

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 7 months post discharge and was approved this week for a PayPal Extras MasterCard @ $700 SL. I included Synchrony bank in my BK7 for about $4k. My other card approvals are as follows (in order of approval):
CapOne platinum (PC to Quicksilver) $1100
Comenity Wayfair and Overstock: $3900
Comenity Sportsmans Guide: $2500
PenFed Promise Visa: $3750
CapOne Venture One: $5000
PenFed Cash Rewards: $5000
Barclays JetBlue MasterCard: $5500
PenFed Auto Loan: $26k
PenFed Travel Rewards Amex: $6700
Synchrony PayPal Extras $700 😂

I'm in the garden now for a good 24 months; within that time all of my BK accounts will have aged off my CR (I filed 4-5 years after first default) synchrony will grow with appropriate usage and my objective was to get my foot back in the door. Amazon won't approve me citing BK7. *shrug* my scores are: EQ 670 / TU 655 / EX 660
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.