Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank credit approval question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony bank credit approval question

I did not burn Synchrony bank in my BK.  In fact I had prior accounts with them, that were PIF and closed prior to my BK. I am interested in getting paypal credit or walmart at some point as I use both frequently.  When will they be open to someone post discharge?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank credit approval question

I would wait a minimum of six months and a minimum TU FICO 08 score of 620.

Message 2 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

You will be approved but not right away. Build six months of positive payment history first ... then apply. I got two Synchrony accounts that way ... a Lowes and a HH Gregg.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent thank you
Message 4 of 8
Marvelousone
New Contributor

I have 2 as well, one approval today for $4500 and a small one a month or so ago at Steinmart they gave me a $300 so I called and they bumped it up the same day to 1000...so there's hope.   I had no idea Synchrony was everywhere!!!  I'm amlost 6 years out of BK but still paying the price, we have to be patient and diligent.  Credit got me in this and I've learned....

Message 5 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Marvelousone wrote:

I have 2 as well, one approval today for $4500 and a small one a month or so ago at Steinmart they gave me a $300 so I called and they bumped it up the same day to 1000...so there's hope.   I had no idea Synchrony was everywhere!!!  I'm amlost 6 years out of BK but still paying the price, we have to be patient and diligent.  Credit got me in this and I've learned....

Maybe we can help with that if you wish? If yes, start a new thread. I was well recovered within two years of a ch 7 discharge [on 4/2013] and still doing well. My credit scores are now in the 660s.

Message 6 of 8
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I think it depends on the card type.

I burned Synchrony for over 5K in my BK but, with three months or so post discharge, I applied for a Care Credit card and was approved at first, 1500, then to 4500 after the two day CLI trick...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 8
Marvelousone
New Contributor

So what is the CLI trick. Do tell???
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.