Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU won't remove CH13 - UPDATE

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

TU won't remove CH13 - UPDATE

Called TU and asked them if they would remove by CH 13 BK from the file and no go. Filed on 11/08, 7 year mark 11/15. Anyone had any success?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: TU won't remove CH13

@jace8602 wrote:

Called TU and asked them if they would remove by CH 13 BK from the file and no go. Filed on 11/08, 7 year mark 11/15. Anyone had any success?

Was it discharged?  If it was, they have to remove it at 7 years after filing.  Filing a CFPB complaint!

If it wasn't discharged it can technically stay on for 10 years, but most CRA's will remove at 7 years.

Message 2 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

Was it discharged?  If it was, they have to remove it at 7 years after filing.  Filing a CFPB complaint!

If it wasn't discharged it can technically stay on for 10 years, but most CRA's will remove at 7 years.

It was discharged but they refuse to remove it. I just filed a CFPB complaint. Hopefully that will be enough.

Message 3 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I don't understand why they would not remove. The 7 years for a discharge has passed form when you say (11/15), any chance is was dismissed and not discharged?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

It was discharged. I even received the discharge notice.
Message 5 of 9
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

It is especially strange since TU is usually happy to remove everyone's CH13 6 months early.

Have you disputed and given them a copy of your discharge with the dates? Your BK status should show up on your CR and say the status. What does yours say on your TU credit report?

Message 6 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@mynameainttracy wrote:

It is especially strange since TU is usually happy to remove everyone's CH13 6 months early.

Have you disputed and given them a copy of your discharge with the dates? Your BK status should show up on your CR and say the status. What does yours say on your TU credit report?

It says it is discharged. I have given them every single document that I have. Regardless, I already filed a complaint (not a dispute) to have them remove it.

Message 7 of 9
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Update - BK is gone!!!!!

Company responded 
Trans Union said:

Explanation of closure
In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.

Relief
We received your complaint about the Tennessee Federal Court Docket #832xxx in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been removed.

Response:
We have reviewed your complaint along with the information you previously provided regarding this issue. In response to your request on 7/16/2015, 9/29/2015, 12/2/2015 and 1/13/2016, we initiated an investigation with Tennessee Federal Court Docket #832xxx and they verified the information as accurate. However, after reviewing the activity on your file, along with the information in our data base, we have removed the item.
Message 8 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.