Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card Approval Post Discharge 1 month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Card Approval Post Discharge 1 month

Hey my fellow Ficoteers! 

I wanted to share that I was approved for a Target Card one month post CH7 discharge and with a temporary limit thus far of $300 until I get my card. I am very happy as Target is one of my favorite stores. I am on a great rebuild as my current scores are: 

EQ: 650

TU: 679

EX: 635

Just ensuring I take it slow, be responsible, and learn from the past. 

PS, I so want a walmart/sams card since I do all my grocery shopping there, but I did burn walmart for $600 two years ago in my bankruptcy......I started in CH13 and converted to a 7.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Card Approval Post Discharge 1 month

I got a Target card about six weeks after BK.  I love that you get 5% off everything.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Em71,

I was shocked that I got approved. I do have a question though, mine has a temporary limit until I get the card. Will that be my limit as well or is there hope for a larger limit? I am grateful either way. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Em71,

I was shocked that I got approved. I do have a question though, mine has a temporary limit until I get the card. Will that be my limit as well or is there hope for a larger limit? I am grateful either way. 

I don't know.  The limit they gave me was what I got on the card.

Message 4 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey my fellow Ficoteers! 

I wanted to share that I was approved for a Target Card one month post CH7 discharge and with a temporary limit thus far of $300 until I get my card. I am very happy as Target is one of my favorite stores. I am on a great rebuild as my current scores are: 

EQ: 650

TU: 679

EX: 635

Just ensuring I take it slow, be responsible, and learn from the past. 

PS, I so want a walmart/sams card since I do all my grocery shopping there, but I did burn walmart for $600 two years ago in my bankruptcy......I started in CH13 and converted to a 7.

Congrats! Target is issued by TD Bank and they're not known as BK forgiving as others like Synchrony & Cap 1.

I'm not a big Target shopper, stores are just too far away for me. But I got one less than 2 years post discharge, happened to be in a store and the cashier pushed it and even the lady in line behind me encouraged me. I think I got a $1200 limit. Just be sure to use it, but you did say it's one of your favorite stores. I didn't use mine for almost a year and they lowered the CL down to $200. I made a couple online purchased but still had the $200 limit. I called & they wouldn't budge so I had them close it - by then I was 4 years post discharge and had $10k limit on Cap 1 QS and $9k with Barclays, so the $200 CL was insulting. FYI, theRep told me if I closed it I'd never be approved for another one, and I said "No problem". I got the Red Card debit card which gives me the same 5% discount & free shipping online. altho I hate debit.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you have an ULTA card, and that's on my wishlist.. How long after BK were you able to get that card?

If you didn't burn TD Bank how are they with granting new credit with the BK on record?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Ulta card around the first of February so about a month after discharge.  It is the store card and I have a $500 limit.  I'm ok with that because I don't spend that much on beauty products (not that I wouldn't like to).  The Target card is my first ever with TDB.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.