Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Target Card Approval Post Discharge 1 month

Hey my fellow Ficoteers! 

I wanted to share that I was approved for a Target Card one month post CH7 discharge and with a temporary limit thus far of $300 until I get my card. I am very happy as Target is one of my favorite stores. I am on a great rebuild as my current scores are: 

EQ: 650

TU: 679

EX: 635

Just ensuring I take it slow, be responsible, and learn from the past. 

PS, I so want a walmart/sams card since I do all my grocery shopping there, but I did burn walmart for $600 two years ago in my bankruptcy......I started in CH13 and converted to a 7.

CH 13 03/15 converted to CH7 011/16 discharged 01/17.

In my wallet: Quicksilver $500; Discover It $200; Zales $1000; VS $250; HSN $850; Target $300(temp limit); Amazon $800;
Regular Contributor

Re: Target Card Approval Post Discharge 1 month

I got a Target card about six weeks after BK.  I love that you get 5% off everything.

BK discharged 12/28/16, as of 3/5/17 EQ691 TU664 EX670
Valued Member

Em71,

I was shocked that I got approved. I do have a question though, mine has a temporary limit until I get the card. Will that be my limit as well or is there hope for a larger limit? I am grateful either way. 

CH 13 03/15 converted to CH7 011/16 discharged 01/17.

In my wallet: Quicksilver $500; Discover It $200; Zales $1000; VS $250; HSN $850; Target $300(temp limit); Amazon $800;
Regular Contributor

ldroger21 wrote:

Em71,

I was shocked that I got approved. I do have a question though, mine has a temporary limit until I get the card. Will that be my limit as well or is there hope for a larger limit? I am grateful either way. 

I don't know.  The limit they gave me was what I got on the card.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

ldroger21 wrote:

Hey my fellow Ficoteers! 

I wanted to share that I was approved for a Target Card one month post CH7 discharge and with a temporary limit thus far of $300 until I get my card. I am very happy as Target is one of my favorite stores. I am on a great rebuild as my current scores are: 

EQ: 650

TU: 679

EX: 635

Just ensuring I take it slow, be responsible, and learn from the past. 

PS, I so want a walmart/sams card since I do all my grocery shopping there, but I did burn walmart for $600 two years ago in my bankruptcy......I started in CH13 and converted to a 7.

Congrats! Target is issued by TD Bank and they're not known as BK forgiving as others like Synchrony & Cap 1.

I'm not a big Target shopper, stores are just too far away for me. But I got one less than 2 years post discharge, happened to be in a store and the cashier pushed it and even the lady in line behind me encouraged me. I think I got a $1200 limit. Just be sure to use it, but you did say it's one of your favorite stores. I didn't use mine for almost a year and they lowered the CL down to $200. I made a couple online purchased but still had the $200 limit. I called & they wouldn't budge so I had them close it - by then I was 4 years post discharge and had $10k limit on Cap 1 QS and $9k with Barclays, so the $200 CL was insulting. FYI, theRep told me if I closed it I'd never be approved for another one, and I said "No problem". I got the Red Card debit card which gives me the same 5% discount & free shipping online. altho I hate debit.

Scores FICO 677, Fakos TU 729, EQ 726, EX 716 BK7 discharged 1/31/2011
Frequent Contributor

I see you have an ULTA card, and that's on my wishlist.. How long after BK were you able to get that card?

If you didn't burn TD Bank how are they with granting new credit with the BK on record?

Ch7 BK filed 7/5/16, DC 10/12/16
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the Ulta card around the first of February so about a month after discharge.  It is the store card and I have a $500 limit.  I'm ok with that because I don't spend that much on beauty products (not that I wouldn't like to).  The Target card is my first ever with TDB.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.