Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you!

tag
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Decided to press my luck with Synchrony, they haven't shown me any love since discharge.  Today they finally approved me for an Amazon card ($800) and Care Credit ($800).  I won't use Care Credit much, but I look at it as getting my foot in the door.  Amazon, well, that could be disastrous. Smiley Happy

I've achieved nearly $11,000 available revolving credit in the seven months post discharge, honestly this is more revolving credit than I have ever had.  It's exiting to see my rebuild working so well.  I think it's time to garden though.  I have several major cards, just had my first auto CLI on one and have several store cards.  Some of the cards I have I don't even want any longer (mainly Fingerhut and HSN), so I'll just stuff them in the safe and use them once a year or so, just to keep them active.

None of this would have been possible without you guys.  Thank you for everything you have taught me and for everything I will continue to learn!

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you!

I can relate. I appreciate everyone here for leading me in a good direction. My wife and I are now up to over $40k in CLs. Now we just have to make sure we manage them properly and not get ourselves back in trouble.

Message 2 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats bstone! Try calling up Sync and asking for $5k on the Amazon card Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 5
jim44
Established Contributor

@bstone wrote:

Decided to press my luck with Synchrony, they haven't shown me any love since discharge.  Today they finally approved me for an Amazon card ($800) and Care Credit ($800).  I won't use Care Credit much, but I look at it as getting my foot in the door.  Amazon, well, that could be disastrous. Smiley Happy

I've achieved nearly $11,000 available revolving credit in the seven months post discharge, honestly this is more revolving credit than I have ever had.  It's exiting to see my rebuild working so well.  I think it's time to garden though.  I have several major cards, just had my first auto CLI on one and have several store cards.  Some of the cards I have I don't even want any longer (mainly Fingerhut and HSN), so I'll just stuff them in the safe and use them once a year or so, just to keep them active.

None of this would have been possible without you guys.  Thank you for everything you have taught me and for everything I will continue to learn!

bstone, you have to know you given some good advice from your experiences too!  Congrats! 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!!  Keep it up...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.