Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for this wonderful forum!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this wonderful forum!!!

So, I've been lurking around this site for quite a while now.  I filed  my chapter 7 on May 28th (discharged September 8th).  This site has been so informative (and addicting) for me. I LOVE IT!!!  I've been trying to dispute inaccuracies on my credit reports since discharge, and I'm trying to be patient because I know it takes time.  I signed up for a credit monitoring service so I can stay on top of things.  I've been afraid to apply for new credit out of fear of rejection.  I only burned 4 cards with my  chapter 7, and one of those was a secured card (mostly medical debt).  I've read the " From BK 7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!" over and over again, and have even printed a copy to carry with me wherever I go. So I finally bit the bullet last Friday and applied  for the Capital One QuickSilver and the Capital One Platinum.  I was approved for $1,000 and $500 credit limits.  I even got up the nerve to apply for a Firestone card the other day....approved for $800. I think this is all I need for  now, and will be "gardening" for a while.  I just wanted to thank everyone for ALL the good information on this site.  It is helping me tremendously!!!  I find myself reading some threads over and over again making sure I haven't missed anything. I have set goals and I'd like to finally buy my first house in 1.5-2 years.  I'm so proud of my 3 little cards, even though I haven't received them yet.  Just knowing that I can survive this BK 7 is a blessing.  Any advise you all can provide for me will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for a great forum!!!   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks for this wonderful forum!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I've been lurking around this site for quite a while now.  I filed  my chapter 7 on May 28th (discharged September 8th).  This site has been so informative (and addicting) for me. I LOVE IT!!!  I've been trying to dispute inaccuracies on my credit reports since discharge, and I'm trying to be patient because I know it takes time.  I signed up for a credit monitoring service so I can stay on top of things.  I've been afraid to apply for new credit out of fear of rejection.  I only burned 4 cards with my  chapter 7, and one of those was a secured card (mostly medical debt).  I've read the " From BK 7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!" over and over again, and have even printed a copy to carry with me wherever I go. So I finally bit the bullet last Friday and applied  for the Capital One QuickSilver and the Capital One Platinum.  I was approved for $1,000 and $500 credit limits.  I even got up the nerve to apply for a Firestone card the other day....approved for $800. I think this is all I need for  now, and will be "gardening" for a while.  I just wanted to thank everyone for ALL the good information on this site.  It is helping me tremendously!!!  I find myself reading some threads over and over again making sure I haven't missed anything. I have set goals and I'd like to finally buy my first house in 1.5-2 years.  I'm so proud of my 3 little cards, even though I haven't received them yet.  Just knowing that I can survive this BK 7 is a blessing.  Any advise you all can provide for me will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for a great forum!!!   

You are moving in the right direction.  You have opened up three lines of credit to maximize your scores.  Treat Capital One well and they will do the same.  They will grow with you.  Use the Capital One as your debit card, pay for all your purchases with that card, pay off rinse and repeat.  At the third month, your third statement cut hit the CLI button and you should get a nice increase while you are still enrolled in the credit steps. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pway!!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I second what was said about treating Cap1 right. They have definitely helped us since our discharge. Use the QS1 card as your debit card and you will earn cash back on everything. It's nice to see it grow. Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You are definitely headed in the right direction.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I second what was said about treating Cap1 right. They have definitely helped us since our discharge. Use the QS1 card as your debit card and you will earn cash back on everything. It's nice to see it grow. Good luck!

Thanks Cruznmore!!!  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! You are definitely headed in the right direction.

Thanks Musiclover!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.