cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The No B.S. Guide To Rebuilding Credit After BK.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The No B.S. Guide To Rebuilding Credit After BK.

How many have read this book, followed the instructions and now have a nice credit score? Did it work for you? Please share story.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: The No B.S. Guide To Rebuilding Credit After BK.

I feel like the forums are much more relevant, and free!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

agree Scupra...heck you and I are living proof of that, along with SO many of our regular BK'ers...
Message 3 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Agree with the two above 100%.  With a forum you can ask questions about specific credit cards and their criteria today.  With a book the information could be outdated. 

Having said that, it is okay to get different perspectives from different resources.

The info in the thread by Soulmaster has been invaluable to many in our situation:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Message 4 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree the forums are so much better than any book.  I cannot tell you of how much money I have wasted on those credit books before finding this site.  Ugh I have gained so much valuable information and I continue to learn each day with stories and advice given.  I feel that bk attorney's and judges should advise each client to read and research his site to a certain degree.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!!  The link that you provided for the 'over 700 in 24 months' after Chapter 7 - does that hold true for Chapter 13 as well, do you know?  My husband and I just filed

Chapter 13 on 10/12. 

Thank you!!

Message 6 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

You can NOT get credit during a Ch 13 Bk without specific trustee approval. It is a really, really bad idea to apply for new credit during your bankruptcy without approval as you risk your entire Bk.

The best thing for you to do right now is to work on your budget and build up a savings account which will be difficult enough during your Bk. Once you are discharged you will be in good shape to repair your credit and increase your score.

I will let others that have filed Ch 13 successfully jump in for details (I had a Ch 7).  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to rebuilding!

Message 8 of 9
tussking
Established Contributor

Did you follow the BK to 700 forum ? Could you please take some time to share with us exactly your step by step to recovery. I am just discharged and dream of achieveing what you did in 2 years....It will change my families life ! 

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.