Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The post-bk rebuild long game begins

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The post-bk rebuild long game begins

02/22/18-last night I apped for [Local] FCU Visa Signature card. I was countered with their Platinum Visa and told about how they like to establish relationships and offered $500 SL. I went ahead and took it since I am still building (and so as not to waste a HP...) Now at least my wallet will be diversified, haha. (MC, Disco and Visa)

Now I will have my initial 3 accounts established, which I am v. happy about! 

Hmmm.

gardening emoticongardening emoticon

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

02/22/18-last night I apped for [Local] FCU Visa Signature card. I was countered with their Platinum Visa and told about how they like to establish relationships and offered $500 SL. I went ahead and took it since I am still building (and so as not to waste a HP...) Now at least my wallet will be diversified, haha. (MC, Disco and Visa)

Now I will have my initial 3 accounts established, which I am v. happy about! 

Awesome rebuilding progress. Your updates are inspiring.

I am running about 4 months behind you (my bk7 d/c is scheduled for tomorrow), and following a very similar plan as yours. Already gotten a Cap One MC Platinum card, a Discover secured card, and a Self Lender 2yrs installment loan. As soon as d/c hits my EQ report, I will apply for a Platinum visa at a local FCU. Hopefully d/c will give me a little score boost (EQ FICO 8 is 622 right now). If they don't give me an unsecured card, I will be ok with going for a secured card. They say it will graduate in a year; possibly sooner if I can show them a good post-d/c payment history. And that will be basically it for me for the next 2 years; 3 revolving and 1 installment tradelines. Plan is to go for a FHA loan as soon as I am 2 yrs post d/c.

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

03/03/18-3B refresh. EX 644, EQ 655, TU 639.

My balance went down since last month (and not AZEO, but well under 29%). My statements hit soon, so next month’s refresh should be AZEO and I think I’ve got that dance down going forward. And having the third card will help so as to not have the penalty for 50% or more of cards reporting a balance.

Also, while my ex-H told me (back in Jan) that the matter of his card which is appearing on my report should be closed with the bank, the card is still appearing on my report. I am giving it another cycle or two before I will take it up with the institution myself. It is affecting my agg util.

Clearview FCU Platinum $1,000 limit (yes, they went ahead and upped it before shipping out!) is reporting on all three bureaus. Received and activated yesterday.

Well, at least I didn’t go down :-)

Also, I've recently been on the phone with both Cap1 and Disco and both were very kind and helpful in telling me the timelines on which my cards would be considered for CLI (Cap1)/graduation (Disco). I've marked on my calendar to request a further CLI for Cap1, the cycle before (April) and with Disco, since CLI cannot be considered until after card graduates, to request CLI after card graduates (June, if I'm lucky). 

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Also, I've recently been on the phone with both Cap1 and Disco and both were very kind and helpful in telling me the timelines on which my cards would be considered for CLI (Cap1)/graduation (Disco). 

Would you mind sharing what Cap1 said about their CLI timeline? Some folks have reported getting a CLI as early as after their 2nd statement cut.

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said I would be eligible as of my 5th statement (April) but I can request earlier using the Request CLI button. I am not worried about getting the most and highest CLI, so I do know about 2nd-3rd statement for Cap1 but I wasn't wanting to try quite that early - I had planned to try around 6mo for both cards and that's where I'm looking at now :-)

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That's a good plan. 

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great Congratulations!

I have a question of my own - I filed Ch 7 September 2016 and it was discharged Dec 2016. Before it was discharged I was able to secure new car with Tide Water Motor credit for $543 a month, I recently refinanced that car with Capone AF for $424 a month. Since my BK I have applied for 1 credit that was a preapproval with first naitonal , my credit limit is $1500. I have tried preapprovals form other companes but I havent received any offers so far.....

My current score EXP 623 EQ 649 TU 560 - Does anyone knows why my TU score is so low? Before I filed for BK my TU score was always the highest one and ow it's the lowest. Also any suggestions on which CC I may be qualified for, I need some spending power because I was arrested for DUI in OCT 2017 and I spent most of my savings $5500 for an attorney+other fees thus I need some $$ avaialble in case something comes up until  I get my savings back up.

Message 27 of 39
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Have you looked at your TU report to make sure everything is reporting correctly? Nothing that was IIB that’s reporting as late? Where did you get your scores from?

Have you tried a credit limit increase with First National? What is your utilization like?

IMO getting another card might not be the best. Since your savings is depleted you have the potential of running up a card if an emergency were to occur.
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit utilization is 64% ($950) and I do not beleive that First National has credit increases but that's something that I can look into.

I get my TU scores from CK and credit wise form capital one. I have check my TU report and I do not see anything out the ordinary except my discahged accounts reporting as 0.

Message 29 of 39
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Your utilization is too high. You have to bring that down under 10%. I suspect that you are also carrying a balance from month to month. That doesn’t help. It may be hard to get a credit limit increase with First National carrying a balance.

CK and Credit wise are Vantage scores abs not FICO. They really aren’t reliable. You could get your scores from this site. Others have used creditchecktotal and I believe they still have the $1 trial for seven days. Also, you could sign up for Discover score card. I believe they give you the Experian score on a monthly bases.
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.