Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There Is Hope

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

There Is Hope

My Ch 7 was discharged the beginning of January 2016. I applied for and got Cap One Quicksilver and Platinum. (I did not burn Cap1 in the BK) And I also opened a Fingerhut acct. 

I was not looking forward to car shopping but needing a new car (my existing Volvo has 300K miles) I used the Cap1 prequal and was approved!

So today, after a MONTH of online shopping and investigating, I picked up a 2015 VW Golf for $14,900. It was used but only 7K miles. Almost the full factory warranty PLUS the 2yr/24K VW Certified Warranty that runs consecutively after the manufacturer warranty expires. 

Cap1 gave me 7% on the loan!

Needless to say, not only has Cap1 gained a customer for life, but had I not investigated life post-bankruptcy on MyFICO I would have assumed that NOBODY would grant me credit after a BK 7 unless I paid outrageous rates for both credit cards and auto loans. 

This site has saved me a TON of money and time simply by following the advice of other members who have already been through this. Thanks so much!!

For reference, my income is about 44K. My post- BK score was 530. My score at the dealer today was 632!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wissam
Contributor

Re: There Is Hope

good deal my dear 

make 6 good payment and refinance with local credit union 

good luck

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice car! I hope it lasts 300k miles as well!!
Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Congratulations and great choice of a car too. That is a fabulous deal and now those payments will go a long way towards rebuilding your credit profile. All the best going forward.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome. We also love Cap1 and appreciate what they have done for us.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.