cjsdad78

Thinking of filing bankruptcy

If I file bankruptcy for a creditor that's not listed anywhere on my credit reports will it still show on my reports as a bankruptcy? There's currently a non wage judgement against me stemming from a car accident I had back in 2007. I can't afford an attorney to dispute it as I feel that it's incorrect, but they've taken my license and I need to get it back asap. My credit has greatly improved and from being in the low 500's to almost 700 and I'm rebuilding my life/credit. If I can file bankruptcy just for that creditor as all the others have been paid or have fallen off in the last 4 years or so. Can that be done?

Valued Contributor
ezdriver

Re: Thinking of filing bankruptcy

If you read one of the threads above you will see someone posted that their zero-balance account, not listed in the bankruptcy schedule, is being reported as included in bankruptcy.

You cannot choose which creditor to list or not list [except some choose not to list zero-balance accounts] but some may be protected with exemptions or reaffirmations. Technically, all eligible debt that pre-existed the bankruptcy are covered by the bankruptcy filing and discharge. If you knowing ommitted a creditor and the trustee finds out, you could be in big trouble.

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}